Keolis in the US
Since July 1st 2014, Keolis Commuter Services is the operator of the Greater Boston commuter service, the 6th largest US transport network.
Keolis Rail Services America is the operator of Virginia Rail Express (VRE), a commuter rail service which transports passengers to Union Station in Washington DC from the state of Virginia, to the south. Operations commenced on July,12, 2010.
The particularity of passenger services in the USA that commuter services are operated only in the morning and the evening. Outside of these periods the tracks are used exclusively by freight companies.
Boston commuter service key figures
- 1,068 km of track
- 14 lines
- 491 trains
- 130,000 passengers per day
VRE key figures
- 30 trains
- 18 stations
- 145 km of track
- 20,000 passengers per day
- 110 employees
News & Press Release
- Keolis chosen by Boston to operate its commuter rail services
- Keolis successful in Washington commuter rail bid
Bus and coach services
In November 2011, Keolis America Inc., Keolis’ subsidiary in the United States, purchased Tectrans, a public transit operator headquartered in California, which later became Keolis Transit America (KTA).
Keolis Transit America provides a full spectrum of transportation services including operation of fixed-route transportation systems, paratransit and airport shuttle operations, fleet management and maintenance, and logistics and routing services.
Keolis operates transit operations in the following:
- California: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Long Beach, Van Nuys, Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena, Anaheim, Monrovia, Martinez, Pomona, Merced County and South Lake Tahoe.
- Florida: Miami, Fort Lauderdale, South Florida, Pompano Beach, Margate, Naples, and Collier County.
- Nevada : Las Vegas.
- Virginia: Richmond and Northern VA.
- 100 contracts,
- 1,525 vehicles,
- 1,400 employees.
- Keolis wins a new contract in Las Vegas and strengthens its position in North America
- Keolis expands into the transit market in the United States