Lilas car sharing
Lilas: sharing mobility
Keolis launched its first car-sharing scheme in February 2007 in Lille, France’s fourth largest city. Today, Lilas has a fleet of 25 vehicles and boasts more than 1000 subscribers, both individuals and businesses.
In tune with modern travel trends in cities, the scheme offers numerous advantages compared to car ownership or traditional car hire:
- An economical solution for occasional car use
- No need to pay for insurance, maintenance, parking, etc.
- Self-service pick-up and drop-off points, accessible 24h a day, 7 days a week
- Online reservation at any time or via a hotline
- Reservation available for periods starting at just one hour
- Pick-up points located close to bus stops or tram or metro stations
Lilas gives access to a car to everyone: from people who can’t afford one to those who have chosen not to own one but occasionally need a car.
The car-sharing scheme is supported by a number of partners, in particular the French Environment Agency, and is a Collective Interest Cooperative Company under French law, which aims to bring about changes in attitudes towards car use while offering a sustainable transport alternative.
Another link in the chain of mobility, Lilas remains close to people's everyday travelling requirements.