Customers in need of guidance and advice
Career mobility, higher education, or retirement. These are just some of the stages in life where people move to a new town or region. Newcomers need to quickly find the best solution to get around, and they’re not always familiar with the region and the public transport network. They need information, advice, and reassurance in the days following their arrival. Their first passenger experience can prove decisive: if they don’t find their bearings and choose the best route, they will be quickly discouraged, and take their car or motorbike instead of the bus, tram, or metro.
Information, fares, advantages... pampering newcomers
Keolis knows it’s crucial to win these customers’ loyalty as soon as they arrive, and provides them with dedicated offers and services. The goal: to inform and support newcomers in discovering the network and encourage them to choose public transport from the outset.
- In Lyon, new customers can book an appointment in just a few clicks in one of three TCL branches and receive advice or assistance regarding the subscription process.
- In Angers, people who have moved to the city in the last three months can discover the Irigo bus and tram network using a free 24h ticket. Customers simply submit a request on the network website to receive their ticket by post.
- In Caen each summer, the Twisto network provides discounts to customers who sign up for the first time via the online shop. They also receive a free smart card.
- In Montargis, the Amelys Network posts bus timetables on request, featuring stops selected by the client. Customers can also receive personalised information during a face-to-face meeting with a customer service advisor.
- In Tours, the Fil Bleu network offers new customers, whether they are subscribers or not, the opportunity to test its “Service Pilote”. An agent accompanies them free of charge on their first trip to help them get to know the network.
Tao takes the lead in Orleans
Keolis Orleans Val de Loire (Tao network operator) designed an innovative "Discovery Kit" to win and retain new arrivals to the city. The Group’s local subsidiary uses a listing of newcomers to send these customers a "webkey". This USB key provides direct access to a dedicated website, featuring personalised advice on travel options close to their home. The newcomer can also make an appointment with an agent in a TAO agency or in the comfort of their own home. The offer includes many advantages, such as a free Moda Pass' card for each family member, complimentary registration to SMS and email traffic alerts, access to bicycle parks, or a month’s discount on annual bike rental.