- Press releases
- Keolis, the new transport operator of Greater Bourg-en-Bresse, France
Keolis, the new transport operator of Greater Bourg-en-Bresse, France
Following a tender process, the transport authority Communauté d’Agglomération du Grand Bassin de Bourg-en-Bresse, awarded Keolis the four-year contract for the management and operation of public passenger transport services in Greater Bourg-en-Bresse in eastern France (Ain department), including bus, on-demand transport, transport for persons with reduced mobility, bike-sharing system, electric shuttles and school transport.
This public service concession is important for the urban area of 130,000 residents which has grown from 15 to 75 communes on 1 January 2017. It will see a significant increase in the level of mobility for a region that has undergone major expansion.
The current network will gradually evolve to become a more modern, attractive and accessible network. Keolis will introduce a range of enhancements to the passenger experience and support the integration and management of several dozen school routes as part of the concession that were previously managed by the Ain department.
New mobility services
To encourage multimodal journeys in the region, Keolis will deploy several new mobility solutions, including:
- The extension of the on-demand transport service to cover the entire Greater Bourg-en-Bresse area,
- The creation of an electric bike-share system (100 bicycles - 10 stations),
- The introduction of a 100% electric town centre shuttle service.
A 100% connected transport service for better accessibility
A new set of digital tools will be created, including a website and a mobile application. This will enable passengers to find out about network services and book them online, including:
- A dynamic carpooling system,
- Services in the Cmabulle app. This innovative and collaborative app is provided by Keolis to allow families to share journeys for school runs and extra-curricular activities for their children, with complete peace of mind.
A new image and a dynamic approach to encourage the use of shared mobility
To highlight the attractiveness of public transport and promote the improvements made, Keolis will enhance the image of the network with:
- A new name and visual identity,
- The launch of both digital and traditional initiatives to promote the network.
Keolis is proud of having gained the trust of the Communauté d’agglomération du Grand Bassin de Bourg-en-Bresse to help it implement its mobility strategy over an area that has expanded significantly. Working within a tightly controlled budget, this ambitious new contract will enhance the appeal of the network and offer solutions adapted to mobility requirements throughout the region.