▪ The three new classes opened in the Paris region are located in Aulnay-sous-Bois in the department of Seine-Saint-Denis, in Bondoufle in the department of Essonne and in Tremblay-sur-Mauldre in the department of Yvelines. The 40 or so trainees in these classes are hosted by the Keolis Group's subsidiaries in the Paris region, including Keolis CIF, Keolis Mobilité Roissy, Keolis Val-d'Oise, Keolis Seine Sénart, Keolis Seine Essonne, Keolis Ormont, Keolis Meyer and Keolis Ouest Val-de-Marne.
▪ Faced with difficulties recruiting drivers, the Keolis Group’s move to create its own CFA illustrates its determination to strengthen its teams by targeting new profiles, thereby providing a better response to the expectations of public transport authorities who want to develop their mobility offer and strengthen the appeal of their local region.
A six-month bespoke training course to become a bus driver
The creation of the Keolis Mobilities Campus, made possible by France’s Loi Avenir Professionnel (Professional Future Law) of 2018, is an additional lever for recruiting and attracting people to the professions of the Keolis Group. This CFA, dedicated to driving professions for now, offers access to local, sustainable and responsible employment by providing a six-month training programme to young people aged 20 to 29 who have held a B driving licence for two years.
The training programme at the Keolis Mobilities Campus offers bespoke support:
- during the first three months of their training course, trainees learn to drive in order to obtain their D licence;
- in the fourth month, trainees have the opportunity to undergo training specific to the Keolis Group, the aim being to discover the main professions offered by Keolis. In particular, this period focuses on immersions in transport networks operated by the Keolis Group, and on acquiring the necessary skills with regard to safety, customer relations and serving people with reduced mobility;
- during the fifth and sixth months, the training programme is dedicated to driving vehicles on the city, intercity and school transport routes of the networks operated.